Antillectual from the Netherlands play a socially conscious, energetic style of music. Creating their own unique blend of stolen riffs and borrowed song titles, while carrying the torch for European punkrock worldwide.
Unlike some bands, who feel they can’t be described or labeled, there are several ways to describe Antillectual. Their music can be identified as melodic, philosophical and urgent. Influenced by ‘90’s skate punk, ‘00’s emo and ‘10’s orgcore. And a mix of the DIY politics of Crass, the authenticity of Hüsker Dü and the guitar acrobatics of Van Halen.
In 2005 Antillectual started releasing albums and touring. Ever since, the band has perfected the romantic idea of being a dedicated touring band. They’ve played their energetic live shows all over the world, probably over a thousand times. Their albums have been released from North to South America, from Europe via Russia to Asia.
Antillectual has stopped making albums and started releasing songs one by one. The first single of the series of new music is Heads You Win, Tails We Lose. The song is a response to the current populist wave. Trump’s election and catastrophic policies are part of a worldwide epidemic of right wing politics disguised as anti-establishment movements. The energetic, fast-paced single is a sharp critique of current events, and the impact on this planet and all creatures on it. Living in a world that is coping with conflicts and crises it is time to engage! Critical times call for critical music.
Points of interest :
● Tours: North, Middle & South America, all of Europe, Russia and Japan
● Support tours: Propagandhi, Boysetsfire, Ten Foot Pole, Satanic Surfers
● Support shows: NOFX, Bad Religion, Rise Against, The Gaslight Anthem
● Festivals: The Fest Gainesville, PunkRockHoliday, Jera On Air, Give It A Name, Eurosonic/Noorderslag, Zwarte Cross
● Cooperations: guest vocals by Chris Hannah (Propagandhi), Nathan Gray (BoySetsFire), Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere)